Pupil Equity Fund
Pupil Equity Funding is additional funding from the Scottish Government’s £750 million Attainment Scotland Fund, allocated directly to schools and targeted at closing the poverty related attainment gap. This funding is to be spent at the discretion of Headteachers working in partnership with each other and their local authority. In 2021-2022, Scotland’s schools received a share of over £750 million.
The Pupil Equity Funding school level allocations have been published by The Scottish Government and are available online at PEF School Allocations
Every council area is benefitting from Pupil Equity Funding and over 96% of schools in Scotland have been allocated funding. Allocations in Secondary Schools are based on those who are registered for Free School Meals in the Broad General Education (BGE). Levenmouth Academy has the second highest allocation in Scotland, currently at £312,000 p/a.
National Operational Guidance has been published to help schools plan how they will most effectively invest their Pupil Equity Funding allocation to improve the educational outcomes of children affected by poverty.
Levenmouth Academy have consulted extensively on Pupil Equity Fund, including:
- Parental Consultation Evenings held in the school - parents invited via GroupCall and Twitter
- Partner Consultation Evenings held in school - a wide spread of partner organisations invited
- PEF presentations at Pupil Council
- PEF presentation at Open Evenings
- PEF Documentation is now shared on our new website
- Young People have been consulted extensively through HWB, Social Education and Social Subjects classes
- Pupil Focus groups have garnered young people's views
- Pupil Council have discussed PEF and fed back to link DHT
- Whole staff meetings/survey
- PT, ELT and SLT discussions
A selection of our PEF documentation is available on this site - including the PowerPoint presentation we used to launch our consultation, as well as showcasing our ongoing PEF documentation.
Levenmouth Academy SLT.
- PEF INTERIM REPORT
- PEF PLANNING DRAFT MAY 17
- PEF STRATEGY 17 18
- PPT PUPIL EQUITY AT LEVENMOUTH ACADEMY.pptx