RE:SET - REvisiting youth mindSET
RE:SET - REvising youth mindSET is the only service of its kind in Scotland, tackling the routes of exclusion through full-time early intervention and prevention services.
We are a dedicated school services delivery team committed to working in partnership with schools, children, young people and their families to support individuals who may be experiencing difficulty in and out with the mainstream school setting, to achieve their potential. RE:SET is a best practice example of what The Scottish Attainment Challenge seeks to achieve – equity in educational outcomes by ensuring every child has the same opportunity to succeed, with a particular focus on closing the poverty-related attainment gap.
RE:SET is aligned with The 2017 National Improvement Framework and Improvement Plan for Scottish Education to ensure children and young people develop a broad range of skills and capacities, whilst supporting them to thrive, regardless of their social circumstances or additional needs.
For more than a decade we have been engaging young people through physical, emotional and social challenges; taking them into a personal ‘stretch’ zone where powerful learning occurs and help evaluate their learning, and how to put those lessons to work in their classes, home lives and communities. Young people to discover strengths they didn’t think they had; facets of their background and personality they can draw upon, with RE:SET supporting their school journey, enabling them to learn new skills and build the confidence and motivation needed to make aspired changes.
Every child and young person achieves their potential.
To change the lives of children and young people at risk of exclusion.
1. Provide services which are person centred, promote equality and diversity and build resilience to inspire young people to recognise their potential.
2. Inform policy, practice and public perception on how best to support children and young people.
3. Provide training to staff, volunteers, children/young people, parents/carers and cross-sector partners to unite behind our Purpose.
4. Build family and community capacity through local and strategic partnerships.
5. Deliver accredited and practical opportunities to children and young people to build a portfolio of achievements.
Each link below provides information on the various services offered by RE:SET
It's never too late to RE:SET...............