Levenmouth Academy Library
Our library looks out onto the magnificent Firth of Forth from the first floor of Levenmouth Academy and offers a fine view on a sunny day.
The library is one of the biggest and busiest in Fife (and Scotland) and represents a significant investment in the young people of Levenmouth’s education, serving over 1600 pupils.
The library is staffed by a chartered librarian who works in partnership with subjects across the school to promote reading for enjoyment, information literacy and also supports departmental development.
Our Library has:
- 20 PCs and a 36 laptops
- Over 6,000 books and resources including a staff CPD section, poetry, plays and senior and junior fiction shelves. We also have a wide range of non-fiction books to cover curricula areas of our school.
- Space for 40 people to study at tables
- Relaxation area with coffee tables
This document offers some suggested reading for S1 + S2 pupils
|Day||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Monday||0830 - 1035||1055 - 1310||1330 - 1530||1530 - 1630|
|Tuesday||0830 - 1035||1055 - 1310||1330 - 1530||1530 - 1630|
|Wednesday||0830 - 1035||1055 - 1310||1330 - 1530||1530 - 1630|
|Thursday||0830 - 1035||1055 - 1310||1330 - 1530||1530 - 1630|
|Friday||0830 - 1035||1055 - 1310||1330 - 1530|
The library is open from 0830 to allow pupils to come in and catch up on homework, read or change library books, or use the computer facilities.
Also, the library is open for an hour at the end of the day from 1530 for independent study.
Pupils may borrow up to three books for three weeks. Any book can be renewed unseen for another three weeks if not recalled by another reader. All books are the readers’ responsibility and they must take care of the books issued in their name.
Aim: The school library exists to support the learning and teaching that goes on in the school.
- To ensure equality of opportunity for access to information.
- To provide reading opportunities for all year groups in the school in order to promote literacy.
- To ensure students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
- Students are empowered to become critical thinkers, skilful researchers and ethical users of information.
- Ensure the librarian is placed at the heart of the school and working in partnership with various departments.