Welcome to the Home Economics Department.
Here you will find information and resources on the courses offered at Levenmouth Academy.
The Home Economics Department aim to develop pupils as individuals by:
- Helping pupils explore their health in a practical context, enhancing their potential to live a healthy lifestyle and make responsible choices about their diet and food.
- Build confidence through the development of practical food skills.
- Prepare pupils for life after school by developing problem solving and decision making ability.
We hope to equip pupils with useful life skills - organisation, management of time, money and resources. Health and well-being are now recognised as having a direct relation to food intake. Through investigation and practical work pupils are taught the essentials of healthy eating as a pattern for life.
Critical evaluation and selection are taught to encourage pupils to make reasoned choices. Developing confidence in practical and organisational skills can contribute to an increasing sense of self-reliance. A full range of certificated courses is offered in S4-S6.
Courses currently offered:
- BGE Home Economics
- National 4 & 5 Hospitality
- National 4 & 5 Fashion and Textiles Technology
- National 4, 5 & Higher Health and Food Technology
- National 5 Practical Cake Craft
Our webpage also includes the recipe of the month, study support guides, homework, extended learning tasks, clubs, supported study opportunities and much more!