Recipe of the Month - September
Chicken & Chorizo Paella
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 250g Spanish paella rice/ long grain rice
- 800ml hot chicken stock, made with ½ chicken stock cube
- 300g garden peas
- 100g chorizo ring, roughly chopped
- 400g cooked mini chicken fillets, cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic finely
- Roughly chop chorizo.
- Chop cooked chicken into cubes.
- Finely chop parsley.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and paprika stir and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Add the chorizo and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir through rice, then add stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook covered with a lid for approximately 15 minutes. Stir in peas, cooked chicken and parsley during the last 5 minutes of cooking time.