Recipe of the Month - May
Tuna Pasta Bake
- 300g penne pasta
- 3 x 120g tins tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
- 325g tin sweetcorn in water, drained
- 500g tin chopped tomatoes
- 5ml mixed Italian herbs
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes or until al dente, test for readiness. Drain.
- Grate cheese.
- Drain and flake tuna.
- Tip the cooked pasta back into the pan and stir through the chopped tomatoes, tuna, sweetcorn and mixed herbs.
- Tip the mixture into a 1½-litre baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with mixed salad.