Recipe of the Month - July
Sausage & Bean Summer Stew
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut into large dice
- 2 carrots, cut into thick slices
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 chipolatas, cut into thirds
- 400g can peeled cherry tomatoes
- 400g can white beans, drained
- 200ml low-salt chicken stock
- 10ml Dijon mustard
- 100g frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 220◦C/Gas 7.
- Wash, peel and de-seed pepper, dice into large pieces.
- Wash, peel and cut the carrot into even sized slices.
- Chop onion into wedges.
- Prepare sausages.
- Roast the pepper, carrots and onion in a deep baking dish for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausages and roast for a further 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 200◦C/Gas 6, tip in the tomatoes and beans, and then stir in the stock.
- Cook for another 35 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard and peas and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Rest for 10 minutes, then serve with potatoes, pasta or rice.