Recipe of the Month - August
Meatball and Mediterranean Veggie Kebabs
- ½ lemon zest
- 30ml fresh rosemary
- 60ml olive oil
- 24 readymade meatballs
- 1 red onion
- 2 courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- Roughly chop the rosemary.
- Peel and chop the onion into wedges
- Thickly slice the courgette.
- Wash, de-seed and chop the peppers into large chunks.
- Zest the lemon carefully.
- Mix together the lemon zest, rosemary and olive oil and set aside to infuse.
- Get 8 long skewers ready, (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes first.)
- Thread 3 meatballs and pieces of different vegetables onto each skewer, alternating between each. Brush all over with the lemon and rosemary marinade.
- Preheat a barbecue or griddle pan until very hot. Barbecue or grill the skewers for 12-15 minutes, turning often, until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
- Serve the kebabs with lemon wedges.