Recipe of the Month - April
Cheese & Ham Savoury Muffins
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 loaf stale white bread, crusts cut off and cut into 2½cm cubes
- 110g medium cheddar, grated
- 120g cooked ham, roughly chopped
- 5 medium eggs
- 240ml semi-skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Thinly slice leek.
- Remove crusts from bread, cut into large cubes.
- Grate cheese.
- Roughly chop ham.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Add the leek and cook until soft, then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked leek with the bread, cheese, and ham.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in another bowl, then gently fold into the bread mix.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 muffin cases. Spoon in the mixture, then cover with tray with clingfilm. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove the clingfilm and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold.