Physics National Classes
Welcome to the National area of our Physics website
- Units of Work Covered:
- Dynamics and Space – Examples of areas covered; Motion, Newtons Laws & Cosmology
- Electricity and Energy – Examples of areas covered; Basic circuits, Ohm’s Law, Energy generation & Conservation of Energy.
- Waves and Radiation – Examples of areas covered; Waves, EM Spectrum, Reflection & Refraction & Radiation.
- Added Value unit/ Assignment – Pupils focus on a particular area of Physics and utilise their research and practical skills to produce a scientific report that is marked externally by the SQA.
- Units 1, 2 and 3 have an end of unit assessment and grading test.
- The National 3/4/5 Physics Course develops learners’ curiosity, interest and enthusiasm for Physics in a range of contexts. Practical activities are performed throughout the course. Real life topics are discussed and explored to keep the content current and in context with everyday life.
- Attendance is essential and any work missed through absence will need to be caught up on in your own time.
- All deadlines are final (unless there are exceptional circumstances)
- Pro-active approach required in terms of self-study and revision at home.
- A positive, hardworking ethos is required to succeed.
- Successful completion of National 3/4/5 will lead to an opportunity to progress to the next National level or indeed Higher.
- N5 to Higher will require learners to have achieved an A or B in the Nat 5 examination. A pass in N5 maths would be desirable.
- PT will consider entry to Higher on a case by case basis if learners do not meet entry criteria
- Required for a wide range of Further Learning courses and Apprenticeships.
- Range of career opportunities are vast. Examples include Medicine, Nuclear Energy, Renewable Energy, Engineering, Banking, Space Exploration and Teaching.
- N4 WR Sound Questions
- N45 DS Question book 1 Dynamics
- N45 DS Question book 3 Space
- N45 EE Power Questions
- N45 EE Circuit Theory Questions
- N45 EE Energy conservation Questions
- N45 EE Heat Questions
- N45 EE Practical Circuits Questions
- N45 EE Pressure and gas laws Questions
- N45 WR EM spectrum Questions
- N45 WR Light Questions
- N45 WR Nuclear Radiation Questions
- N45 WR Wave Parameters and Behaviours Questions
- N5 DS Dynamics Teacher notes
- N5 DS Forces Teacher notes
- N5 DS Space Teacher notes
- N5 Dynamics Space Summary Notes
- N5 Electricity Energy Summary Notes
- N5 Waves Radiation Summary Notes 1
- N5 WR Electromagnetic radiation and light Teacher notes
- N5 WR Radioactivity Teacher notes
- N5 WR Wave characteristics parameters and behaviour Teacher notes