Recipe of the month - March
- 275g plain flour
- 10ml (2tsp) baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 50ml sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 35ml whole milk
- 5ml (1tsp) tsp vanilla extract
- 350g avocados, flesh only, completely mashed
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and grease and line a 2-litre loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract for 4-5 minutes until thick and glossy.
- Fold in the mashed avocado and chocolate chips until combined. Gently fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Scrape the mixture into the lined baking tin, then bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Test the cake for readiness using a skewer, allow to cool then slice.